Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

My two cycle lawnboy gas cap has 32:1 mixture so I put in four

Customer Question

my two cycle lawnboy gas cap has 32:1 mixture so I put in four ounces of gas with oil but after ten minutes it will begin to cut out and die after some time I can restart and it will go again only to stop again. It appears that it is running to rich due to the oil build up on the top side of the deck?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
I am sure your mixture is a little too rich, based upon the accumulation of oil on your deck. I would like to make a suggestion to you. I would start over with a fresh, properly mixed, container fuel / oil mixture. It is easier if purchase a container of 32:1 mixing oil that is pre-measured for either one gallon, or two gallons of gas.
We can continue from here. Thanks!