Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have an electric ezgo freedom the my grand mother uses to drive

Customer Question

Have an electric ezgo freedom the my grand mother uses to drive around her yard. We kepp it well maintained. jo problems till two days ago. Turn on the switch and nothing in forward or reverse. Batterys fully charged. Do we need a new key switch or selinoid?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Was unit on the charger? When charger is plugged in to the cart, there is a switch in the carts charger receptacle. It keeps cart from running when the charger is plugged in. If it stays open when charger is removed the cart won't run, as it gets no power to the key switch. Check at the charger plug on the cart and see if the switch could be open. I assume if you plug in the charger , that it will come on and charge? As the charger makes voltage check before it starts charging.