Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Does a John Deere D 125 E Garden tractor have a low oil safety

Customer Question

Does a John Deere D 125 E Garden tractor have a low oil safety sensor ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The parts book shows no oil sensor!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
See if you can turn the engine using the flywheel screen on top.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
If engine turns, check your battery cable connections. May be oil on them loosing the connection!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine turns just fine...I'm wondering if the reverse pedal is the problem. ..the engine was running fine until I HAD
to back up... I had experienced the same effect a few minutes earlier when I backed a few feet. .. I simply restarted the engine and continued around the corner....This machine will stop running if you try to back up w/ the blade turning. ...This time it doesn't start. I have lights but no starter. When I hold the brake down and turn the key. Lights but no starter. ..
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
So it is a safety switch problem! The reverse pedal, should cut the blades of when you reverse, not kill the engine! But if the switch is sticking, it can keep the starting system from working. Look for the reverse switch on the frame, where the linkage pushes it. See if it is stuck in.