Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

Cannot start Poulan 4835 chain saw.

Customer Question

Cannot start Poulan 4835 chain saw.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
What happened when you put fuel into the air intake? Did id fire or try to start or did it start and tun a few second and die?If any of these things happened, then the problem is that your carburetor is diet and needs to be taken apart and cleaned and rebuilt with anew complete carburetor repair kit that includes new diaphrams and gaskets.MAke sure that you are using very fresh fuel and not old gas that is over 30 days old.If this is not the problem, you should check the piston and cylinder to see if it is scored. Do this by taking off the muffler and looking at the piston through the exhaust ports. If you have any scoring, then the unit will not usually start because it is lacking in compression .Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.Feel free to contact me aain if you need more information.