Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

What would be the blades not engaging the mower runs

Customer Question

What would be the for my blades not engaging the mower runs fine but the blades just quit working and I've only had it a few months
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Depending on what type of engagement you have it could be that the electric clutch is not engaging. This is usually caused by a low battery. Yes you can have a battery that will start the engine but doesn't have enough power to engage the PTO. First charge the battery for at least 8 house and then try it again.If that doesn't work, take the battery to a good shop or autoparts store and have them do a LOAD TEST. You need at least 300 cranking amps to do the job well.NExt you shoudl take a look at the belts to make sure that all of the belts are on their pullies. One of them could be off a pulley or it could be broken.Try these things and then get back to me and we can go oveer a few other things if needed.