Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I have a model #358.794764 blower that seems to flood out at

Customer Question

I have a model #358.794764 blower that seems to flood out at high speeds and will run only well at about 2/3 throttle for a min or so then floods out there. We purchased it new and have not abused it. I think its a carb adjustment problem but won't attempt any adjustments until I know the process and settings. Can you help?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
It is not usually the carburetor adjustment if you have not messed with it before. They don't chage by themselves. But if you have an adjustable carburetor the adjustments should be 1 turn out from closed. But this is only the starting point.The real problem is usually that the carburetor has some dirt in it or the inlet needle is worn and is not seating. This means that the carburetor would have to be cleaned and rebuilt using a complete carburetor repair kit.