JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I own a zero with steering wheel as I try to cut up a slope

Customer Question

I own a zero with steering wheel as I try to cut up a slope the tractor seems to temporary stall before a slow accent up the hill then mower slowly picks up speed as ground levels out.......explain I also here a clicking noise on lower left side of mower just before accent
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
My first thought is that your drive belt is slipping. I don't understand the clicking noise however.I would look for any loose or broken spring in the drive system that is not holding proper tension on the belt. The belt may also be stretched from use or wear. If the belt is loose due to spring or stretch it will allow it to slip which would cause the problem that you are having.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Can you provide a model and serial from the frame of the machine so that I can investigate this a bit further?