Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I've changed most everything on my 16hp kohler k341 grain auger

Customer Question

I've changed most everything on my 16hp kohler k341 grain auger motor but can't get it to fire. It was running but just quit. Seems like an spark problem, cause it turns over but won't fire. It has a battery to start it.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Remove spark plug and with it grounded to the engine, see if you do have spark. If no spark. check the pints to see if they are opening and closing. If you have spark, check compression, use finger with rag over the spark plug hole, and see if it has enough compression to move your finger. With spark and compression, put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it starts for a few seconds.