JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

CLUTCH REFUSES TO ALWAYS ALLOW MY YT48XLS TO START IS THIS

Customer Question

CLUTCH REFUSES TO ALWAYS ALLOW MY YT48XLS TO START IS THIS AN ELECTRICAL CONTACT PROBLEM IF SO WHERE DO I FIND THE CONTACTS.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
working on project please asap
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
You have a safety switch that is controlled by the clutch pedal, it sounds like this safety switch is not making good contact with the actuator on the clutch shaft so that it is not being depressed far enough to engage the switch without really stomping on the pedal. I would check to see if the switch has possibly come loose or shifted just a little so that it is not working properly. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I FOUND THE PROBLEM MYSELF AS TIME WAS IMPORTANT HOWEVER YOUR ANSWER WAS RIGHT ON, THE PLATE UNDER THE SWITCH HAD COME LOOSE SO I SHIMMED IT WITH A SHEET OF STEEL AND USED GRAY EPOXY TO SECURE IT . THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE. JOHN HARDY, CATAWBA FARM WHITE STONE VA.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that I wasn't able to respond to you quicker. I am glad that you have solved the issue.Thank you for choosing justanswer.comPlease take a moment to rate your experience