Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Just as it says on the consoul, my yard machine riding mower

Customer Question

Just as it says on the consoul, my yard machine riding mower stalls. Trouble is, it stalls all too often. The motor does not quit, it just stalls like the belt(s) slip until you put it in nuetral and 4, 5 or 6th gear, then you can go again. (just like it says). Is there anything that can be done to make mowing at least bearable?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like the belts have stretched out some so that they are too long and not functioning properly. My suggestion would be that you replace both drive belts on the machine. If you don't want to replace the belts you can make an adjustment using the linkage that is attached to the variable drive pulley assembly under the center of the machine.