Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a powerhouse ph3100 generator and will idle

Customer Question

I have a powerhouse ph3100 generator and will idle for hours but when I make it work it runs for 10 minuits then quites and wont start untill completely cooled off. I'v ran with the oil sensor unplugged but that didn't help
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is my first experience with just answer so note sure how long to expect a reply but anyway the poerhouse gen only has 12 hrs on the unit and it has never worked for me. I purchased it from a RV trailer place that said the owner already had anouther unit he wanted to keep instead. I'm starting to think I got shafted becouse it never did work proper.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
What your unit is doing points to a bad coil as the most likely issue.These PowerHouses are very poorly designed units..