JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I'm trying to help a non-profit organization with a steering

Customer Question

I'm trying to help a non-profit organization with a steering drift problem on their 2001 Simplicity Legacy. The steering wheel can be turned several times b4 there is a response. I can see that the cylinder on the right side has been leaking. I need to know how to check fluid level and if needed, how to bleed the system.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you have a problem with the steering assembly at the bottom of the steering shaft. This assembly has a check ball that slides or floats back and forth in a passage in the assembly, sometimes you get enough wear on the ball or the passage that it will stick or bypass and not work properly. This is the first place that i would look to see if you have trouble there. Thanks