Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a 48" snapper pro ztr with a 25hp Kawasaki engine. several

Customer Question

I have a 48" snapper pro ztr with a 25hp Kawasaki engine. several years old now, has run great, but started surging (especially with blades idled) a few months ago. It was minor at first but has grown progressively worse. ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
It is very possible that your carburetor is starving for fuel. Check to make sure you are getting a steady flow of fuel, from your fuel tank, to your fuel pump, then from your fuel pump, to your carburetor. Also check to see if the plunger on your fuel shut off solenoid is fully retracting, when your ignition switch is on.
We can continue from here. Thanks!