Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Lever showed no resistance but went hard over CCW. Cable

Customer Question

Lever showed no resistance but went hard over CCW. Cable with an eye on the end is dangling under hood.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
That is the end of your blade engagement cable. It has unattached from your lever. I can help you with this problem.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
The opposite end of your cable, attaches to the idler arm on your deck. Your idler arm has an idler pulley bolted to it. Check, to see if your idler arm is binding, or partially seizing. It should pivot freely backwards, and forwards, if try moving it by hand. If you can move your idler arm back towards the rear of your deck, you will gain enough slack in your cable, to re-attach the end with the eye on it.
We can continue from here. Thanks!