Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

Thank you. I have a Generac model MF 6500 portable and the

Customer Question

Thank you. I have a Generac model MF 6500 portable and the throttle is hunting. Thoughts?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Most of the time when an engine is HUNTING, it is becasue the carburetor is dirt and it is not getting enough gas.Usually this means that you will need to clean and rebuild the carburetor. There is a product that you can try that works sometimes and it is called MECHANIC IN A BOTTLE it can be purchased at Home Depot or at www.amazon.com.You just pour it into the gas and run it for about 10 minutes and then let it sit for overnight. You may have to do this a couple of times to make it work, but it is worth a try. If it doesn't work then you will need to clean and rebuild the carburetorPlease leaqve me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.Feel free to contact me here again if you need more information.