Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

Snapper yard cruiser won't start when turning key click try

Customer Question

Snapper yard cruiser won't start when turning key click try to turn only 1/4 inch .before trouble started replaced drive belt, cut a half acre.shut on only to this point.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
There are a couple of things that may be wrong here.1 You could have valves that need adjusted. When the valves are out of adjustment , the compression release dos not work and the engine does not turn over well. VAlves should be adjusted about every 2 years.2. If the carburetor is bypassing gas into the cylinder it will cause a "Hydro-lock" and keep the engine from turning over. Remove the spark plug and turn the engine over and see if there is any gas that shoots out of the spark plug hole. IF there is goas that shoots out, then you need to rebuild the carburetor to keep it from leaking.Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.Feel free to contact me here again if you need more information.