Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a craftsman tractor###-##-####first im having trouble

Customer Question

I have a craftsman tractor###-##-####first im having trouble starting it and second the tires are locked up but when I jack it up the tires will turn whats up with that
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
You indicated that you are getting spark, have you tried a new spark plug? If you are getting spark and you have a fuel supply(spraying ether into carburetor) and you have compression then this engine should at least fire or start and run as short time. The only thing you haven't mentioned was compression, have you done a compression check? As for the wheels not turning, this could be that the brake assembly is locked or stuck. When you jacked the machine up and got the wheels off of the ground, did the wheels spin in opposite directions when turned? This would be a good indication that the transmission is either stuck in gear or the brake assembly is stuck. With the wheels off of the ground can you grab and turn both wheels in the same direction at the same time?