JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have been using my father in laws 38in cut lawn mower it's

Customer Question

I have been using my father in laws 38in cut lawn mower it's old but engine still runs like a champ. However after cutting grass for about 10 min the blades slow dramatically and won't cut grass I changed the belt and problem still occurs
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Did you replace the belt with an original equipment belt or an aftermarket? If you have used an aftermarket belt this could be the problem. All parts are not created equal, the aftermarket belts are not made of the same material as the original equipment belts are. I would recommend that you install the original equipment belt and see what happens. This is really the only thing that would cause the trouble that you are having. Thanks