Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a like new x300 (51 hrs). It will not start. Good

Customer Question

I have a like new x300 (51 hrs). It will not start. Good battery but seems to not be getting any fire to the spark plugs. It has a 17 hp kaw. Is there possibly an in line fuse?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! If the starter is working, the fuse is good. Have you removed spark plug and verified that there is no spark? Plug grounded to the engine? With twin engine, it is not likely a coil failure, but I do see an oil pressure switch. I could be grounding out the spark. If it as spark, it may be a fuel problem. Do yo hear the fuel solenoid in the carburetor click open as soon as you turn on the key? ???