Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Bought a Poulan 625EX mower new last year. Used it once about

Customer Question

Bought a Poulan 625EX mower new last year. Used it once about 8 months ago. Tried starting it several times over the last few days and can't get it going. Filled the tank with gas I had in a container. Will gas go stale in that short a time. Other than that, I can't hinks of what else it could be. Spark plug is connected.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. If you did not add a fuel stabilizer to the gas can like stabil then yes gas can go bad in 3 to 5 month's. To find out remove the air filter and shoot a little gas in the carburetor and see if it will start momentarily, if so the carburetor bowl has bad gas in it or the carburetor is gummed up