Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I do not have a model number. It is not on the engine. or a

Customer Question

I do not have a model number. It is not on the engine. or a least I can not find it.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
tvm220-157081g look on the tag on the right hand side of engine picture # ***** . Should be something like the TM number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV220-157245E
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http://www.asos1.com/tecumseh4hp/Tecumseh.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I check out the carburetor by following the guide. I thank you for the manual I guess I will have to print it out and try what the manual says to look at the carburetor and follow the instructions. Unless you have another idea about that. Could the old gas that was in it over the winter cause problems with the carburetor.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http://www.partstree.com/parts/tecumseh/carburetors/632690-tecumseh-carburetor/carburetor/
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Old gas can cause the problem!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I take apart the carbonator and see what could be wrong with it.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I would! But that's your call!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I would put a fuel cleaner in do you think this would help fix the problem or do I still have to take apart the carburetor
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
It may help! But I like the direct approach!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to clean the carburetor do I need to take it apart. I am just asking
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
yES
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the carburetor located under the air filter and how would I remove the housing for the air filter.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Yes,carburetor is under the air filter housing. The air cleaner will have wing nut to remove it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks at least I now where I need to start I will let you know what I find.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a question I got one screw out of the carburetor but the one close to the back is giving me some problems any suggestion how I would get it off. I also sprayed WD40 on it to help loosen it. It just seems in a hard to reach place with very little room to fit a screwdriver there.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Looks like carburetor mounts to intake elbow that bolts to the block. Take it loose at the block and leave carburetor bolted to the elbow! Or do you have a right angle screwdriver? Or take a hammer and chisel and tap on the screw head in direction to loosen it. It should break loose and then you can screw it out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am having trouble getting the screw back into the carburetor. does not want to turn in