Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a JD X300R. I recently purchased and installed the

Customer Question

I have a JD X300R. I recently purchased and installed the JD Mulching Kit. What used to take about 1.5 hours to mow (~1.1 acres) now takes 3 to 3.5 hours to mow. Not only that, but the mower leaves a small uncut strip of grass down the center of the cutting swath on almost every pass.
My question is this: Can I remove the plug provided with the kit and go back to using the bagger on the back of the mower to improve performance?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Sure the mulching plug can be removed. With it in place, the grass can't escape, so it bogs the blades down! Adding the bagger will increase performance.