Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My kohler engine that's in a craftsman lawn tractor no longer

Customer Question

my kohler engine that's in a craftsman lawn tractor no longer runs at full throttle. new fuel filter and air, but lack of power. id say about half way at full throttle
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  gofastdk replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like something in the throttle linkage came apart or moved. The governor in the engine will always naturally bring engine to and idle. The throttle then overrides that also linked with throttle plate to give it fuel and air to run at the higher throttle setting. Does the throttle react at all or only stay at one low setting. If it stays at idle at no response then something came disconnected. If it throttles up a little but not all the way then something moved out of adjustment.