Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

On my 1993 EZ-Go coil modle cart, when you press the pedal

Customer Question

on my 1993 EZ-Go coil modle cart, when you press the pedal to go foward or reverse all you get is a clicking from the rear of the cart , sounds like it is not going into gear all the way. Any suggestions would be great and Thanks for the help.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cart sat up all winter, I had to put 6 new batteries in it. (due to faulty charger) it did work fine when it was parked...
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Does the charger come on when attached to the cart?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a voltmeter to check the voltage points?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Clicking would be the solenoid, it may not be closing, just clicking, see if you can run a jumper wire from one side to the other. This is the same connection the solenoid should make.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked all voltage points and just put in 6 new batteries. The click grinding noise is coming from the motor /rear end area of the cart. Sounds just like a slight grind when putting a manual trans into gear. But it never goes into gear, just grinds...
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Could motor be turning, and the drive coupling stripped? That would be a grinding sound!