Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a cub cadet 1550 with a kolher 25hp I was cutting the

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet 1550 with a kolher 25hp I was cutting the grass when it acted like it was running out of gas with a 1/2 tank now it turns over smoke comes out the exhaust when I turn it over but no sign of trying to start. any thoughts?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Will it run if you put fuel direct into the carburetor? If not remove a spark plug and with it grounded, see if you have spark. If it has spark, use finger and rag over the spark plug hole and crank to see if you have enough compression to move your finger. If it as spark and compression, put a teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will fire for a few seconds.