Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

My daughter has a craftsman 23 hp electric start 42 inch mower

Customer Question

My daughter has a craftsman 23 hp electric start 42 inch mower automatic lawn tractor – model number 944 – 606951. The lawnmower does not move when either the forward or reverse pedals are depressed.. Unfortunately she has misplaced the owners manual and therefore, we are unable to assess whether the problem may be a drive belt or the transmission or the linkage etc. etc. can you help with an owners manual exploded diagram of parts or any other means of identifying the problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
Did your problem occur suddenly, or gradually over a period of time? Many times when this problem occurs, the first thing to check, is your transmission drive belt. If your belt is loose, worn, or off of one of your pulleys, this can prevent your mower from driving in either direction. We can continue from here. Thanks!