Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My ztr cub cadet tank is having and issue after it gets warm,

Customer Question

My ztr cub cadet tank is having and issue after it gets warm, the rpm's will go down 300. Normally when cutting, the rpm is 3400. It seems like a fuel issue but I have replaced the filter, and fuel lines. it improved some, was 2800 but now around 3100.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Kohler twin engine? Have you ran a cylinder test? Loosen the spark plug wires, and with engine idling, remove one wire at a time. If engine dies when one is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. If that is the case, check for spark on the dead cylinder. With Kohler, you may have a bad coil.