Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I am having a problem with this lawn tractor now. It turns

Customer Question

I am having a problem with this lawn tractor now. It turns over fine. New spark plugs, moist so I believe it is getting. Spark test to a grounded screw. I get not spark. Neither cylinder.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Locate the kill wire to the coils, and remove the wire, if you have spark, the kill circuit is grounding out the spark. Check the wire from coils all the way to the keyswitch. It can be a bad keyswitch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Curtis I am at work now and not at home where the lawn tractor is. I will have to find time to do this. I was not sure what all would be involve in it not creating a spark. I believe if I can get it to spark it will crank up okay. I have change the plugs, fuel in the cylinders. I just can't figure out what creates the spark. The ignition switch causes the engine to turn over and the battery seems to have sufficient power.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
the coils and the magnet in the flywheel is all that makes the spark!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So am I to assume that one of this kill switches of or something is killing the spark?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
kill wire or keyswitch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I just had a wiring diagram for this dam thing. You wouldn't have access to such a thing so you could copy it for me.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
What is the long model number?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
What is the engine model number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cub Cadet Model

621-851

14AK13BK756
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
orry, I can't find manual or schematic that will download.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DisplayOwnersManualList?storeId=10051&catalogId=14101&langId=-1&logoCode=01&modelNumber=13&serialNumber
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Look at the electrical here.