Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I have a shindaiwa 2510 trimmer . I was using it and

Customer Question

I have a shindaiwa 2510 weed trimmer . I was using it and it just shut off. I could not get it cranked again. I checked for fire and it does have fire. so I thought it was the carb.,so I rebuilt the carb. still nothing. I don,t no where to go from here. can you help? I have never had any problems with this trimmer before.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
This sounds like it could more serious than the spark or carburetor. Check the compression with a good compression tester. You should have at least 100lbs of compression for the engine to run. You also should check to see if the piston and cylinder is scored. Take the muffler off and look into the exhaust ports at the piston. If you see scoring on the piston, then the engine is bad and will have to be replaced.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
If everyting check out ok, then I would suggest that you take a very small amount of fuel and put it into the iair intake after you remove the air cleaner. Then try to start the engine . if it starts or fires and then dies, then the problem is still in the carburetor and it will need to have more attention given to it such as slcean and rebuild it again.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.