Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I purchased a new Kohler XT series lawn mower. The engine

Customer Question

I purchased a new Kohler XT series lawn mower. The engine runs rough , wants to stall, when this happens black smoke comes out of the exhaust
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
The black smoke tells me that the engine is flooding and getting too much gas.This is caused by either a choke that is not coming off, a very dirty air filter or a carburetor that is flooding and needs to be cleaned and rebuilt with a niew carburetor repair kit.There is a possiblity that there could be other issues as well such as valve etc. but most of the time the three things I mentioned are the problems.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Feel free to contact me here again if you need more information.