Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I need to know where safety switches are located- X300. I know

Customer Question

I need to know where safety switches are located- X300. I know where the one under the seat is.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Twin cylinder Kawasaki? The safety switches would not kill spark at start. The engine has twin coils, and the kill wires from the coils go to the key switch. Locate the kill wires coming from the coils and unplug them. Then check for spark. If you have spark, the kill circuit is shorting out the spark. Check wire from coils , to the key switch, looking for damage. If not the wire, the key switch may be shoring out the spark.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
which switch does the 240B wire go to and where is switch located. This is the wire that's giving me problems.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
No idea! can you trace it by wire color?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wire is yellow
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, would need service manual!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, would need service manual!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I originally leveled mowing deck. Then mower would not start. A Tech. told me it was a safety switch. when we unplugged the safety switch left side while sitting on mower - mower will crank but deck will not come on.... we would like an answer -since we spent money on answer. If you r guys can;t answer, can we get a wiring diagram. we have operator's manual, but doens't have wiring info.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no response to our last question
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Wiring diagram is only in the service manual. Only Deere would have it, without buying a service manual. You say it will crank but deck won't work? I thought it had no spark?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When your response was I HAVE NO IDEA....we knew we'd been had for $18.00. Our grandson checked online and found someone who had the same problem. We had to replace control module under dash.... is working fine now. Sorry, but your guys weren't able to help us at all.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Your question was where were the saftey switches. My response was it is not a safety switch problem! I was right!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not see in your response that it was not a safety switch problem....we had to find safety switches - after tracing them out....we found module that had gone out.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Good job !