Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., Technician
Experience:  15+ years of experience and a business owner.
8380480

MY name is ***** ***** pressure washed my cub cadet LTX 1045 and

Customer Question

MY name is ***** ***** pressure washed my cub cadet LTX 1045 and it will not go into PTO as soon as I move The lever engine stals
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 1 year ago.
Hi bob.I'll see if I can send you the phone offer.
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 1 year ago.
Guess it's not available right now for some reason.Anyways, the most obvious thing would be that the seat switch is shorted out.Engaging the lever and it kills the engine is going to be in the safety circuit.Those vary from model to model and even in lumps of serial numbers.So you will have a key switch that all the power goes through then on to the fuel shut off solenoid on the carb.That's what triggers to kill the engine when a safety circuit is engaged.So depending on your setup you will have a seat swtich, maybe a reverse overide switch, maybe a pto switch, and a clutch switch.All of them work together.It's not really easy to test them to see if they're working properly either. But that's what you have to do.One of them is going to be not working. It can be temporary from water shorting out the wires, or it could be a bad switch now.It could also be a bad key switch since it's part of that whole system.