Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

My mower deck belt keeps breaking

Customer Question

my mower deck belt keeps breaking
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
Did you replace the shoulder spacer that is underneath your idler arm? Do you have the model numbers from under your seat?
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Just to be sure. Remove the belt from your deck again. Spin each of your spindle pulleys, by hand as you listen for smooth spinning, without any wobbling. Also, spin your idler pulley. Check for excessive up and down play in your idler arm. Check the condition of the pulley under your engine. We can continue from here. Thanks!
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
The above suggestions are for troubleshooting purposes only, to give us a starting point, toward pinpointing our problem.