Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I have a Husqvarna Riding Mower. I have replaced the PTO switch

Customer Question

I have a Husqvarna Riding Mower. I have replaced the PTO switch and the Seat safety switch. I still have trouble with the PTO not staying engaged(will stay in if I manipulate the switch to a sweet spot and hold there). Is there another switch I should replace or what?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
This sounds more like a battery problem. If you do not have a VERY GOOD 350 amp or more battery that is fully charged, it will not stay engaged. and YES you can have a battery that has enough power to start the engine and not be strong enough to engage the PTO. There is also a chance that the PTO itself is going bad and may need replaced. Since you replaced the PTO switch, that is the most likely problem. You also could have corroded battery cables that is not letting enough power go through the, Check the cables.Let me know if you need more information and I will be glad to try to help.Pleae give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.