Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I forgot and did not put in any oil after changing it. (Yes,

Customer Question

I forgot and did not put in any oil after changing it. (Yes, i know it was really stupid. I went about 13 yards and it made a terrible sound and stopped, and of course it will not start. Yes, i did put oil back in it. What is the problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! does engine turn? Or is it seized? If it turns, does it turn like no compression? Piston is what seizes and it can break loose from the crankshaft! If seized or pistonhas come loose, figure you need a new engine. Sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the engine turns extremely well and no sound from the engine.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Remove the spark plug and with a probe, feel for the piston. See if the piston is moving when engine is turned. If piston is not moving, it has broken loose from the crankshaft!