Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Same issue as others- the PTO won't engage or runs bit

Customer Question

Same issue as others- the PTO won't engage or runs for a bit then stops. Also, this tractor has had starting issues since day one. I have replaced the battery several times, thinking that was the problem, but apparently not. How does one get to the PTO switch to see if wires are frayed or loose or touching metal?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Low voltage will always let the electric clutch drop out. With history of unit, it seems to me that the charging system is not working. The stator/alternator is under the flywheel and comes out to the voltage regulator. Do you have a voltmeter to check the charging system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No-but I can ask the local guy to check that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What exactly is does the charging system consist of?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still with me???