Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a TB 525 EC trimmer. 1C082DZ2832 I cant figure out

Customer Question

I have a TB 525 EC trimmer. 1C082DZ2832 I cant figure out home to get the trimmer head off. Can you help.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I have a diagram. Try holding the part in red with a pair of channel lock pliers while turning the complete cutting head (green) to unscrew.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The part with the red x just free spins. It doesn't lock anything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the notch on shaft the above red X have anything to do with it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
The sleeve where I have the red x has a hex in it that is supposed to hold the shaft from turning so you can unscrew the head assy
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
This is what the shaft looks like.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see the sleeve but for some reason it just free spins and wont lock on the hex.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is what my shaft looks like but there is nothing to hold the inner shaft from spinning. the plastic sleeve does nothing.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
The hex in the sleeve must be stripped out. ay to remove would be to cut away the sleeve so you can put a wrench on the hex part of shaft. It can be a pain to do so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already cut the sleeve off . there is nothing under it the hex must be above he plate you originally mar blue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
heres a picture
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
Take the cutting head apart-remove the bottom piece to expose the silver slotted nut that holds the upper piece on. Try placing a screw driver in a slot and tap with hammer to try to free it, or if there's enough of the shaft exposed hold onto it.