Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Craftsman lawn mower with Briggs Stratton engine

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman lawn mower with Briggs Stratton engine 190cc
Model:###-##-####
Serial: 041112M007109
It's only been used twicw and its been a year since used. it was dry but poured fresh oil and gasoline but won't start.
Spark plug looks good
What can I do to start it
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Remove the spark plug, and with it grounded, see if it has spark when pulling on rope. If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will start for a few seconds. If it does and then dies, the carburetor is not letting fuel into the cylinder. You would need to remove the float bowl on the carburetor and check the needle valve and float.