Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Runs great minutes or 3 hours, then it starts missing,

Customer Question

runs great for 20 minutes or 3 hours, then it starts missing, spitting, no smoke, can open throttle wide open may help a little or not at all, has no power at this time, engine dies.
I have replaced spark plug, fuel filter, coil, fuel pump, the carburetor(2 years ago),removed and cleaned the fuel tank, replaced all the fuel lines.
What next?????
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! You have the old carburetor? Doe it have the electric fuel solenoid in the base of it? Remove the old solenoid, cut the tip off of it that blocks the main jet,and install it in the new carburetor as a dummy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THERE IS NO ELECTRONIC SELONOID ON THE CARBURATOR. THIS MOTOR IS AT LEAST 14 YEARS OLD.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Make and model number?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Has the carburetor bowl been checked for debris?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, thoroughly cleaned bowl, blew out the little jets, checked to make sure the float is working
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Make and model. what is this!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't see a verbal/written response.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Make and model. what is this!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, I'm having trouble following the question and answers.
I don't see your last response.
my phone number is(###) ###-####(cell) if you would like to call me. I can call you if you like. What's your number?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
only model I see do this is a Deere mower with Kawasaki engine, with the small one wire igniter. Problem is the igniter heating up. Answer is to replace the igniter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, my carburetor must be older than you are used too, it doesn't have any of what you have suggested to do. I'll have to look somewhere else for help. I'm not satisfied with your answers because they haven't helped.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Is there a one wire igniter on the engine?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/attachments/tools-power-equipment/36161d1304741593-john-deere-w-kawasaki-engine-image.gif
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
21119
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no one wire igniter
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Make a test line from the fuel pump inlet,back into the fuel tank. Bypassing the tank and the outlet lime.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the problem today. Partial blockage in the fuel line where it goes into the carburetor. Still don't understand how it blocked the flow of fuel at different times versus all the time. Anyway, I ran it for three hours this afternoon and no problems.
This might help you in the future.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Good job!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should not be charged since I solved the problem, not you. You made several suggestions, but did not solve the problem.
Thanks Jerry
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
i just answer questions!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Contact site for billing.