Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a large husqvarna eater that will not start.

Customer Question

I have a large husqvarna weed eater that will not start. No spark. I replaced the ignition module MB19 232R 235R model. and still no spark.
what should I check nexr?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, have you tried checking spark without the wires connected to the coil? Was the plug grounded on the engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I don't seem to be getting any spark at the plug that is why I changed the ignition coil. still no spark!
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
There could be a pinched wire coming from the switch to the coil, that's why I mentioned having the lead wires disconnected from the coil. Did you set the air gap? Did the magnets on the flywheel draw it in?
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
Did you install the terminal in the boot to the wire? I have a shop manual for your trimmer and will send a link. Maybe it will help. See the Ignition Chapter. http://1drv.ms/1JYPPVr
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just got home and will be looking at your suggestions in a little while and will get back to you.
regards
charlie
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
ok