Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a 1996 Sea Breeze RV Motor Home. It has a Generac

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Sea Breeze RV Motor Home. It has a Generac GN-480 OHVI/Overhead Valve Undustrial Engine, Highline Q-55G. The generator has been used very little. This year it starts right off, but only runs a few minutes then shuts off. I took it to a local small engine repair. They say everything fuel wise and engine wise is fine. If they bi-pass the circuit board it runs and doesn't shut off, but they are afraid that the circuit board is recognizing some trouble, and don't want to by-pass it. They have no means to check the circuit board as they are not a Generac service. What do you suggest, and is there someone in the Des Moines, Iowa area that services these RV generators? My e-mail is***@******.***. Thank you. My name is***** and I live at Guthrie Center, Iowa.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
The most common cause of the issue you are having is either a bad low oil pressure switch, or a bad high oil temperature switch.
Both are very easy to test, and any shop can do it.
There is a place in Des Moines that can work on this unit.
ED GARNER'S AUTORAMA RV CENTER
2227 SE 14th
Des Moines, IA 50320
(###) ###-####
.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Was this what you wanted to know?
.