Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I put a brand new carb ;spark plug on my mower and won't run

Customer Question

i put a brand new carb ;spark plug on my mower and won't run right there are no ajustmens on the carb model no 10l8o2
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. What kind of mower do you have , and what type of engine is it ? . Also how is it running? , is it surging etc ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
briggs;stratton 4.5 its surging
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Ok so this is a briggs engine with the carb mounted to the metal gas tank ? , if it's reving up and down continuously it's a common problem with these engines , how long ago did you get and install the new carburetor ? . As bad as it is the new carb could be the cause . Was it doing this with the old carburetor? . With those carburetors the problem occurs in the fatter rounder tube with the screen sleeve. Remove that screen and get some Gumout carburetor cleaner. Take the red straw that comes with it and put that straw in the center hole on the bottom of that tube and shoot it in there , try reinstalling it without the screen and see if it's better. You should be able to blow and suck air from that tube . Also have you cleaned or changed the air filter ? , if not wash it out with warm soapy water and let it dry .