Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

The main belt that drives the blades broke and when it did

Customer Question

The main belt that drives the blades broke and when it did so the mower blades and motor stopped immediately. After I removed the belt the motor will not turn over so that I can move it to my garage. What coul dbe wrong?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Is engine locked from pieces of the belt on the lower engine pulleys? Does the starter click? Did you tilt unit, to get the belt off? Can you turn the engine, using the flywheel cover top? The mower has release for both transmissions, that will let mower roll free. Did you look at the owners manual to find them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The starter does not even click. No pieces missing, I just reached down and pulled the one end of the belt.I can't find the owners manual
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Belt could have damaged the wires going to the electric clutch, or other wires in the harness. Cub Cadet has on lone owners manuals, but you need the full model number . Here is site. Go to service and parts, then look to the left under customer services. ----------------------------------------------------------http://www.cubcadet.com/equipment/cubcadet?storeId=10051&catalogId=14101