Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

Simplicity regent 15hp, the mower cuts out repeatedly. Have

Customer Question

Simplicity regent 15hp, the mower cuts out repeatedly. Have to stop and restart to get it to work again
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i suspect wiring, but don;t know how to check it
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
The first thing that comes to mind is that you may have a battery that is not fully charged or is bad. Yes, you can have a battery that will start the engine but does not have enough power to keep the electric clutch engaged.Check the battery cables for corrosion as well and clean all connections.If the battery is not the problem then it could be the electric clutch that is going bad.I would double check the battery and even buy a new good battery of at least 300 cranking amps before I do much else to it.Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.Feel free to continue with me if you need more information.