Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Lx255 won't start. When turning over the engine smoke came

Customer Question

Lx255 won't start. When turning over the engine smoke came out from where the steering column is. Was not oil smoke. Smelled more like electrical. Changed the coil with no change.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! This is Kohler single cylinder engine? The mower has ignition module behind the dash, with two fuses in it. Do you see any burned spots on the circuit board, and are the two fuses good? Does it have the two led lights? Of it does are, they both lit? Do you have spark to the plug, if you remove the spark plug and ground it? It not remove the kill wire to the coil, and check again. Sounds like the ignition system is shorting out the spark.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will check all you suggestions,
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK, I have DR appointment this AM, will check back later.