Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

GA- saI have a Guardian 10 KW 5241 and have moved the entire transfer

Customer Question

I have a Guardian 10 KW 5241 and have moved the entire transfer switch box across my basement to place it closer to my new system (48V off grid solar system) as recommended in my manuel. Every thing is hooked up except for two of the four small wires running parallel with the large white, red and black wires from the box to the generator. The blue and yellow coded are hooked up properly but I have no clue where the brown and orange. Would these be T1 and T2 ? And if so which is orange and which is brown? The Schematic is not to clear for me..
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hearing impairment so, I prefer e-mail response. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question 3rd sentence from last in paragraph one meant would these be connected with T1 and T2. I am not using the circuit breakers so the big red is not connected at all. I have a separate junction box for the house.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
Those wire should have numbers stenciled on them.
What are those numbers?
Where are they connected at the genset?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Orange- 194
Brown 23
They come from the generator with the other small blue and yellow wires which run parallel with the main white,red and black wires.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already paid with my CC the initial $5 and I thought I was starting my Free Trial.. I do not mind paying $18 for an answer but I do not want to subscribe for $18. month. What is this going to cost me for the answer on where to hook up these two little wires? I have been referred after giving you one answer, to an Auto Mechanic and then to a Lawyer when I asked about paying the extra $5. What the Hell is this all about.. All I want is an answer to where these wires are to be connected-- Simple. Charge me the $18. minus the $5. and be done with it.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
194 and 23 are the DC control wires that control the transfer relay. They will connect directly to the relay itself.
Assuming you have an RTS series transfer switch, wire 194 will attach to terminal A, and wire 23 will attach to terminal B.
I just answer questions, and have nothing to do with billing or subscriptions.
If you have questions about that, you need to contact Customer Service.
.
Expert:  ronald-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/small-engine/96qh2-guardian-10-kw-5241-moved-entire-transfer.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.