Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

How to remove and clean the fuel pump air filter on rz4621.

Customer Question

How to remove and clean the fuel pump air filter on rz4621. The manual says to remove the screws. There are no 'screws' holding the filter to the engine housing. It appears the fuel pump air filter is secured with some sort of plastic clip where a screw would be.
The tab appears to look more like a split shaft plastic fastener where a screw should be.
Its like when the fuel pump air filter was was assembled, the fastener was pushed into a hole smaller than the head of the screw hole on the housing then fastener sprung open, securing the pump to the engine housing.
My mower sounded like it ran out of gas. When I try to start it now, it is not noving ans gas. This mower had it's 50 hour servce in April and we have put no more tha 6 or 7 hours on it.
I tried blowing into the hose going in to the fuel pump air filter and couldn't blow anything at all. I don't know if that's normal or not.
Please Advise ASAP!
Thank you in advance!
***********
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The fuel pump filter does not come out, or need to be cleaned
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Is the line to the fuel pump open back into the engine?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
You should not be able to blow into the pump!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have fuel to the pump from tank?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have fuel to the pump from the tank?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Carburetor has an electric solenoid in it that has to open as soon as key is turned on. do you hear it click when you turn on the key?