Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I replaced the friction disc on my Poulan pro PB30. Now it

Customer Question

I replaced the friction disc on my Poulan pro PB30. Now it won't start. I charged the battery. The brake pedal won't depress when I step on it nor can I set the Parking brake. What so I do now?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Go back and see where you messed up putting the part on. THere is something that is blocking the travel of the brake/clutch pedal. The engine will NOT turn over if the brake pedal is not completely depressed.since I did not see you put the part on, I cannot tell you where it went wrong, but there is something that is preventing the linkage from moving correctly. Plrease give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should the brake arm be against or off of the switch when the brake is on to let the engine start? The switch is the push button type.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
When the brake is pushed down the switch should be pushed in. When you release the brake pedal the switch should be let out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apparently mine is backwards. When brake is off the switch is in and when brake is on the switch is out. I didn't do anything with the brake while changing the part it was on the opposite side of the housing where the part went.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Some of these were made backwards so I would not change anything until you get all of the linkage correct.