Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a Craftsman/Briggs &Stratten 550 series 158cc. It is

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman/Briggs &Stratten 550 series 158cc. It is pusating (RPMs up and down), very little power. I changed the spark plug and cleaned the air filter.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. , the problem is the carburetor , those carburetors get blockages easily and will surge to no end. The great part is they are fairly easy to clean etc and get running good again , you will need to remove the air filter and then the 2 bolts holding the gas tank and carburetor on. Then the 5 Phillips screws to remove the carburetor from the tank . Here is a link to show you how to thoroughly clean the carburetor
http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/briggs_pulsa-prime_carb.asp