Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My 2010 personal pace 22 inch mower will not release the rear

Customer Question

My 2010 personal pace 22 inch mower will not release the rear wheels to pull backwards while the engine is running. Is there any thing I can do to correct this situation? thanks Steve Hicksville Ohio
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
The gears on the inside of the wheels on the axles are sticking and must be cleaned out. Take the wheels off and be careful to remember how the small parts of the gears and axles go as you take them apart. There is a small spring under the small key that must not get lost/ CLean all the dirt and rust form these gears and keyways. Use a small amount of WD40 to spray on the keywans, do not use grease.Also remember to NEVER EVER WASH THE MOWER WITH WATER!!!! This is what usually causes these problemsYou may be able to go to www.toro.com and get a service manual downloaded for this.Try this and see what happens.Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.